Viennese shortbread also known as "Spritz" is a marvel of simplicity. At the same time melting and crispy, the Viennese shortbread can accompany coffee or tea or enjoy alone for pure delicacy, because when you start you can not stop.
- 190 g butter
- 80 g icing sugar
- 1 egg white
- 225 g cake flour
- liquid vanilla
- dark chocolate 50% cocoa
- To start, melt the butter progressively in the microwave at low power until you obtain a smooth paste.
- Put the melted butter in the tank of an electric mixer and mix it for a few moments.
- Add the powdered sugar, the vanilla liquid and the egg white then mix everything together.
- Add the flour then mix again. As soon as the floor is well-mixed, the dough for the viennese shortbread is finished.
- To actually make the viennese shortbread, you have to use a pastry bag fitted with a big star tip, and draw a " W " with the dough.
- Bake those viennese shortbread in a 180 °C oven for 15 minutes or so.
- After that, place the “Spritz” on a grill and leave them to cool. In the meantime, melt the chocolate in a water-bath.
- Soak half of each viennese shortbread in the chocolate, dry them and place them on a baking sheet.
- Leave the chocolate to harden at room temperature.
The video is in French, but you can see the English subtitles.Remember to enable them in the YouTube settings.