The sweet dough is excellent pie dough for all white baked pies, such as uncooked fruit pies, raspberry pie or strawberry pie, but also for chocolate pie or even lemon pie. The sweet dough is very often cooked with kernel before being garnished.
- 250 g cake flour
- 100 g icing sugar
- 125 g butter
- 1 egg
- Start by softening the butter using the microwave, gradually heating it at low power. It should have a creamy consistency.
- Add the icing sugar and mix with a spatula. The mixture should be creamy without any grains of sugar.
- Add half the flour and break an egg over it. Mix everything, then pour the remaining flour and add the last egg. Mix again with a spatula.
- Lightly flour the sweet dough, then put it on the work surface. Finish mixing it with the palms of your hands.
- Form a nice ball of sweet dough that you wrap in cling film.
- Put the sweet dough in the refrigerator for 2 hours minimum. Now you can roll it out using a rolling pin for your future pies.
- Sweet pastry pies will very often be baked in the oven without garnish but filled with pits, then topped afterwards like a strawberry pie for instance.
The video is in French, but you can see the English subtitles.Remember to enable them in the YouTube settings.