The strawberry pie is appreciated by all … Made with a sweet dough and a light cream, this strawberry tart recipe will be loved. I invite you to discover on video this delicious strawberry pie which will soon be in the center of your table …
- 26 cm diameter pie dish
- 300 g sweet dough See the sweet dough recipe.
- 400 g pastry cream See the pastry cream recipe.
- 200 g chantilly cream See the chantilly cream recipe.
- 500 g strawberry
- pie topping or apricot jam + 30% water
- First, make the bottom of the pie with some sweet dough. It would be better to use a metal ring for this because the unmoulding will be easier and you will have a better finish. Let your strawberry pie shell rest for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Roll up the dough progressively with a wooden rolling pin while dusting the working area with flour, to obtain a thickness of 3 to 4 mm.
- Wind the dough around the rolling pin to place it onto the metal ring buttered in advance.
- Push the dough to the bottom of the metal ring, and make an edge by pressing the dough on the metal ring.
- Use the rolling pin to remove the surplus of dough.
- Straighten up the edge by pinching the dough with your fingers. Slide your finger all around to facilitate the turning out.
- Put your pie on a baking sheet and fill it with ceramic balls or with dry beans to avoid the dough to move during the baking. Then leave the pie in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Blind bake this bottom of pie at 180 °C for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Whip the cream and be sure to have cold utensils before doing it.
- Stir in gently the chantilly cream and the pastry cream together with a whisk.
- Spread the cream in the bottom of the baked and cooled pie, using a spoon.
- Then, fill the pie with strawberries, starting by making a circle with half strawberries.
- Keep filling the pie with strawberries to hide completely the cream below.
- For the middle of the pie, place half strawberries in the other way around to form a flower.
- Coat the pie with some melted apricot jam with a third of water. Use a paintbrush.
- To enhance the colour, spread some crushed pistachios on the strawberries.
The video is in French, but you can see the English subtitles.Remember to enable them in the YouTube settings.