This strawberry cake recipe based on mousseline cream will look great on Mother's Day ! A strawberry cake made of a sponge cake and a muslin cream garnished with delicious scented strawberries, all decorated with a marbled glaze, you can only see the happiness of your mom who will be happy to taste a part of strawberry cake recipe.
- 22cm heart-shaped dessert circle
Sponge cake :
- 3 eggs
- 90 g caster sugar
- 90 g cake flour
Strawberry flavored syrup :
- 15 cl water
- 150 g sucre semoule
- 15 cl strawberry liqueur
- 800 g mousseline cream (see the mousseline cream recipe)
- 20 g strawberry liqueur
- 500 strawberries
- Let’s start by making a plain sponge cake in a heart-shaped circle with the widest part being 22 cm long.
- Break the eggs in the mixer bowl, add the caster sugar, then mix everything vigorously with the whisk while it is cold. The mixture will whiten and increase in volume.
- After 5 minutes, the preparation is creamy, stop the mixer. Sift half the flour over it, then mix gently with a spatula, while turning the bowl.
- Add the rest of the flour in the same way. To mix, your gesture must start from the bottom of the tank and go up towards the surface of the sponge cake.
- Grease and place the heart-shaped circle on a baking sheet covered with baking paper. Pour and spread the sponge cake inside. Bake in an oven at 180 ° C for approximately 20 minutes.
- Make a syrup to soak the sponge cake. Mix the sugar and water in a saucepan, bring everything to a boil and then let the syrup cool.
- After removing it from the oven, slide the sponge cake on a wire rack, remove the circle using a small knife if necessary, and let it cool.
- To make this strawberry cake, we are going to use 800 g of mousseline cream. You will find the recipe on video on my channel.
- Add 20 g of strawberry liqueur to the mousseline cream, then mix with a whisk. Also flavor the syrup with strawberry liqueur.
- Using a saw knife, cut the sponge cake in 2 or 3 depending on the thickness. Once cleaned, place the heart-shaped circle on a cardboard or presentation tray.
- Cut strawberries in half after removing the tail, then arrange them in the circle against the edge with the tip pointing up.
- Take a piece of sponge cake and cut it using scissors if necessary, so that it fits between the strawberries, at the bottom of the heart-shaped circle.
- Soak the sponge cake with strawberry-flavored syrup using a brush. Garnish with a first layer of mousseline cream, starting from the sides to cover the strawberries against the edge.
- You should have about 1 cm of cream at the bottom of the heart-shaped circle. Place strawberries cut in half or in three on the mousseline cream by pressing them slightly into the cream.
- Place the sponge cake, lightly press and soak with strawberry-flavored syrup. Finish garnishing the strawberry cake with mousseline cream and smooth the top with a palette knife. Place the strawberry cake in the refrigerator.
- For last step, use about 200 g of cold dessert icing that you put in a container. For a red marbled frosting, pour a few drops of red colorant on the frosting.
- Then, with a palette knife, cut the surface of the frosting to spread the color without mixing it, in order to obtain red lines on the surface.
- Take the strawberry cake and its hardened mousseline cream. Carefully place the marbled glaze on its surface, then spread it with a palette knife, from the center to the sides, while keeping the design.
- Warm the heart-shaped circle slightly with your hands to remove it and let the strawberries appear on the sides.
- For decoration, you can finish with whole strawberries or cut in half, coated with frosting, and associated with mint leaves for color.
The video is in French, but you can see the English subtitles.Remember to enable them in the YouTube settings.
Love this recipe