The spoon cookie is present in many cakes, it is one of the basics of baking. We find the spoon cookie in the form of a band around the cakes or as a cookie base.
Spoon cookie dough
- 4 eggs
- 120 g caster sugar
- 90 g cake flour
- 30 g cornflour
- Start by separating the yolks and egg whites. Put the whites in the beater bowl and save the yolks for later.
- Add a bit of caster sugar to the whites, then whisk them using the whisk. When the whites are 3/4 done, add the remaining caster sugar gradually.
- When the whites are firm, add the previously beaten yolks, then mix gently for about 10 seconds. Then stop the mixer.
- Sift the flour with the cornstarch. Add half of this mixture to the whites and yolks, then mix gently using a spatula, going all the way to the bottom of the container while turning it. Then add the rest of flour and cornstarch.
- Using a pastry bag fitted with a medium sized plain tip, put the spoon cookie on a baking tray covered with a sheet of greaseproof paper, with the desired shape: strip, disc, whole sheet, etc.
- Before baking, sprinkle the spoon cookie with icing sugar.
- Bake the spoon cookie for 15 to 20 minutes in an oven preheated to 180 ° C, while monitoring the baking process regularly.
- Remove the spoon cookie from the oven, and put it on a wire rack to allow it to cool.
The video is in French, but you can see the English subtitles.Remember to enable them in the YouTube settings.