The Sponge cake is one of the most present cookies in pastry and one of the bases of many cakes. I suggest you to discover the recipe to make your favorite pastries such as strawberry cake, raspberry cake and many other cakes …
- 22 cm diameter sponge mold
- 4 eggs
- 125 g caster sugar
- 125 g cake flour
- Start by breaking the eggs in saucepan, add the caster sugar, then whisk everything.
- Heat the mixture at around 50 °C while continuing to whisk. Regarding the temperature, you can use a thermometer or simply your finger to check the mixture. When using your finger, you should feel the heat but it shouldn’t burn your finger.
- Pour the mixture in a tank , then whisk until complete cooling. You should see the mixture turning white and gaining volume.
- Sieve the first half of flour on the mixture, mix softly with a wooden spatula going all the way down to the bottom of the tank and turning the tank at the same time. Add the rest of sieved flour, and mix until complete blending.
- Butter a 22cm diameter non-stick baking pan for sponge cake, that you also flour if the baking pan is getting old. Then, pour the mixture into the baking pan.
- Bake the sponge cake for 15 to 20 minutes in a 180 °C preheated oven, while keeping an eye on the baking process.
- When the sponge cake is out, unmould it on a metal grid and leave it to rest. After about 10 minutes, flip the sponge cake to avoid the creation of a hollow and to ensure that it stays straight.
The video is in French, but you can see the English subtitles.Remember to enable them in the YouTube settings.