The shortbread dough is a pie dough halfway between the sweet dough and the shortcrust pastry … It can also be baked white for some fresh fruit pies or baked with its filling as for an apple pie or a Almond Tart
- 250 g cake flour
- 125 g butter
- 6 g salt
- 75 g caster sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 5 cl milk
- Start by putting the flour in a container with the butter cut into pieces.
- Mix the flour and the butter with your hands while crushing the pieces of butter between your fingers. The objective is to obtain a sandy mixture.
- In a bowl, pour the egg yolks, add the milk, salt and caster sugar. Mix the whole.
- Pour this preparation over the butter and flour mixture, then mix everything with your fingertips.
- Flour slightly the shortbread dough and then put it on the work surface. Finish mixing it with the palms of your hands.
- Do not overwork the shortbread dough to avoid it being elastic. Make a nice ball of dough that you wrap in cling film.
- Put the shortbread dough in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Now you can roll it out using a rolling pin for your future pies.
The video is in French, but you can see the English subtitles.Remember to enable them in the YouTube settings.