The raspberry Panna Cotta is a great classic. A dessert that is regularly found on the menu at restaurants and which remains easy to make. I made a Bourbon vanilla Panna Cotta, which I associated with a homemade raspberry coulis, all topped with an almond crumble dough. Simple but effective !
Raspberry Panna Cotta
Vanilla Panna Cotta :
- 1 l milk
- 1 l whole liquid cream
- 180 g brown sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 14 gelatin leaves 2 g each
Crumble dough :
- 100 g butter
- 100 g cake flour
- 100 g caster sugar
- 100 g ground almonds
Raspberry sauce :
- 400 g raspberries
- 100 g caster sugar for jam
- For cook raspberry Panna cotta, start by pouring the milk into a saucepan, adding the liquid cream, the brown sugar, then the vanilla pod cut in half lengthwise. Let's boil the mix.
- Once boiling, remove from heat and cover with a lid. Leave to infuse for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soften the gelatin sheets in a container of cold water.
- After infusion, remove the vanilla pod, then add the softened gelatin. mix with a whisk
- Pour part of the preparation into a pouring pitcher, then pour, distributing the Panna Cotta among the dessert glasses or verrines.
- Leave the Panna Cotta to cool at room temperature for 1 hour, then place everything in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours, so that it is firmly set.
- For the crumble dough, put all the ingredients in a container, then crush everything between your fingers until you get a dough with rather coarse pieces.
- Distribute the crumble dough on a baking sheet covered with baking paper. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, then cook at 200 ° C for 15 to 20 minutes.
- For the raspberry sauce, start by warming the raspberry puree, then add the sugar. Bring to the boil, then continue for 2 minutes after the first broths.
- When the 2 minutes are up, remove from the heat and pour the raspberry sauce into the pouring pitcher. Let cool
- When the raspberry sauce has cooled, mix it with a spoon, then pour it over the completely set Panna Cotta. Place 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- The sauce is lightly set, place the cooked and cooled crumble on each Panna Cotta, using a spoon. Crumble the larger pieces.
- Finish by sprinkling a little icing sugar.
The video is in French, but you can see the English subtitles.Remember to enable them in the YouTube settings.