Remember when as a child we patiently waited for the raspberry jam to be finished and poured into the jars, so that we could lick the spoon and the jam pan …
- 1 kg raspberries
- 750 g caster sugar (ideally special sugar for jams)
- ½ lemon juice
- 20 cl water
- To make this raspberry jam, start by gently wiping the raspberries with absorbent paper.
- Then, mash the raspberries with a masher or fork.
- In a saucepan, ideally a basin or copper pan, add the sugar, lemon juice and water. Stir and bring everything to a boil.
- Add the crushed raspberries, mix with a wooden spoon, then cook for 8 minutes over low heat. Then remove the pan from the heat, and let the jam stand for one to two minutes.
- From this moment, there are two solutions, either you fill the jam jars to the brim, then after closing, you turn them over, which allows to expel the air and have a better conservation, or you want to make jelly, and you fill the jars by passing the jam through a very fine sieve. You will then get a perfect jelly. Let cool.