The puff pastry is widely used in pastry, Pithiviers, galette des rois, millefeuille, and many others. It is also the most complicated of pasta in its production, but do not panic follow the guide !
- 350 g cake flour
- 7 g salt
- 18 cl water
- 280 g butter
- Mix the flour with the salt
- Add the melted butter and the 2/3 of the water.
- Add the rest of the water in order to obtain a pastry enough firm and homogeneous.
- Mix the pastry with caution to not let it be too elastic.
- Make the butter in square shape. The butter and the pastry must have approximately the same consistence.
- Roll out the pastry in square shape.
- Place the butter in the center then close it over in the pastry.
- Roll up the pastry then fold it in four. Rotate the puff pastry a quarter turn.
- Roll up again the puff pastry progressively then fold it in three.
- Transfer the puff pastry to the fridge for one hour.
- Put the fold on the right as a point of reference, then roll up again.
- Fold the puff pastry in three.
- Roll up the fuff pastry one last time then fold it in four.
- Cover the puff pastry with a plastic wrap and transfer it to the fridge for half a day before use.
The video is in French, but you can see the English subtitles.Remember to enable them in the YouTube settings.