The pear and almond tart is a perfect match between pears and almonds through a very tender tart.
Pear and almond tart
- 26 cm diameter pie dish
- 300 g shortbread dough See the shortbread dough recipe
- 8 half pears in light syrup
- 125 g caster sugar
- 125 g ground almonds
- 125 g butter
- 2 eggs
- 10 g cake flour
- 10 g dark rum
- pie topping
- For pear and almond tart, start by making a shortbread dough, then after cooling, spread this dough to make a 26 cm diameter pie shell.
- Slightly sprinkle the work surface with flour, then spread the dough using a rolling pin. Turn the dough regularly to spread it evenly in all directions.
- When the shortbread dough is large enough (about 4 cm bigger in radius than the circle) and has a thickness of about 3 mm, wrap the dough around the rolling pin without pressing.
- Take the pastry ring previously greased with a piece of butter, place it on the work surface sprinkled with flour, then roll out the dough over it.
- Push down the shortbread dough to the bottom of the circle, using your hands to avoid stretching it, while turning the pastry ring, to form a right angle between the circle and the work surface.
- Create a 1 cm wide dough edge all around by pressing the dough on the circle. Pass the rolling pin over the circle to cut the excess dough that you remove.
- Raise the dough edges by pinching it between two fingers and pressing on the circle. Finally, run your fingernail over the edge of the pastry ring to facilitate the unmolding.
- Place this pie shell of shortbread dough in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- For the almond cream, soften the butter by gradually heating it in the microwave on low power.
- Mix the softened butter with the caster sugar, then mix vigorously manually with a whisk or with an electric mixer for about one minute.
- Add the eggs one by one, making sure to mix thoroughly each time. Add the almond powder, then mix gently with a whisk to start.
- Then mix vigorously with the whisk for a few minutes. The cream will whiten, and increase in volume until a creamy and airy consistency is obtained.
- Add the flour and rum (optional), then mix to obtain a very homogeneous almond cream.
- Garnish the pie shell with this almond cream that you have just made, then using a spoon, spread it evenly over the entire surface.
- Cut 8 to 10 half pears into strips using a small knife, while keeping their shape. Apply light pressure with your hand on each half-pear to reveal the strips.
- Place the star-shaped pears on the almond cream, using the knife or a small palette knife.
- Bake this almond pie with pears for 25 to 30 minutes, in an oven preheated between 180 ° C and 210 ° C depending on your oven, while monitoring the cooking process regularly.
- When removed from the oven, slide the almond pie with pears onto a wire rack to allow it to cool, then remove the pastry ring.
- Using a small kitchen blowtorch, brown the pear edges for a better look and taste.
- In a saucepan, heat the pie coating, or the apricot jam without pieces with 30% water, over low heat, then coat the top of your pie with a brush.
- Your pear and almond tart is shiny and now you can taste it !
The video is in French, but you can see the English subtitles.Remember to enable them in the YouTube settings.