Pastry cream is the cream most used in baking. Garnishing with eclairs, flavored with chocolate, coffee, or even welcoming all kinds of fruit in our pies, this cream is essential. I invite you to discover this easy-to-make, creamy and generous pastry cream recipe …
- 5 dl milk
- 125 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 40 g cake flour
- 20 g cornflour
- Pour the milk into a saucepan and add 50 g of sugar. Stir with a whisk and bring to boiling point over medium heat. Add half a vanilla pod if necessary.
- Meanwhile, in a container, separate three egg yolks from the egg whites and break the two remaining eggs on top.
- Add the remaining sugar and whisk the preparation.
- Sift the flour and cornstarch over the eggs, gradually mix and finish by beating vigorously to avoid lumps.
- When the milk is boiling, gradually pour it over the eggs / flour / sugar, stirring with a whisk, then pour everything into the pan.
- Cook the cream over medium heat, making sure to stir everywhere and regularly until the first bubbles. At this precise moment, continue cooking for 1 minute.
- The pastry cream is cooked, remove the cream from the heat.
- Put the pastry cream in a container and cover it with a cling film directly in contact with the cream.
- Let the pastry cream cool to room temperature to start, then refrigerate.
The video is in French, but you can see the English subtitles.Remember to enable them in the YouTube settings.