The parisian flan has always been a real moment of pleasure for all those who know how to appreciate its sweet curves … be brought to him in order to pretend to delight his connoisseurs …
- Cake ring 20 cm in diameter and 4.5 cm high
- 300 g quick puff pastry See the quick puff pastry recipe
- 10,5 dl milk
- 3,5 dl whole liquid cream
- 3 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 115 g cornflour
- 280 g caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 40 g butter
- To make this parisian flan, we will use a 20 cm in diameter and 4.5 cm high circle, and we will grease the inside using a piece of butter.
- We are going to use 300 g of quick puff pastry. Sprinkle the bottom and top with flour before spreading it using a rolling pin.
- Roll out the puff pastry to a thickness of about 2 mm by turning it regularly and making sure it does not stick to the work surface.
- When the dough is large enough to fit the circle and has the correct thickness, prick the entire surface using a fork.
- Cut the dough into a round 5 to 6 cm larger than the circle. Flour lightly before wrapping the dough around the rolling pin.
- Unroll the puff pastry on the circle, then gently place it at the bottom of the circle, without stretching it, to form a right angle between the circle and the work surface.
- Gradually, adhere the dough to the walls of the circle. Then pinch the dough with your fingers on the top of the circle to form a 0.5 cm edge all around.
- Pass the rolling pin over the circle to cut the excess dough that you then remove. Finally, pinch the edge of the dough between your fingers to form a small collar.
- Slide this dough puff circle on a baking sheet covered with a sheet of baking paper, and leave it to rest in the refrigerator to firm it up.
- For the flan cream, pour the milk and the cream into a saucepan. Add a third of the sugar and a vanilla pod cut in half lengthwise.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. In a container, pour the yolks, break the whole eggs, add the caster sugar, then mix the preparation.
- Add the cornflour. Mix gradually and finish by mixing vigorously.
- When the milk comes to a boil, remove the vanilla pod, then scrape the seeds inside using a knife tip and put them back in the milk.
- Gradually pour the milk over the egg yolk mixture while mixing with a whisk, then pour everything into the saucepan.
- Cook the flan cream over medium heat, making sure to mix everywhere and regularly until the first bubbles. At this precise moment, continue cooking for 1 minute.
- The flan cream is cooked, remove the saucepan from the heat. Add the butter in pieces and mix.
- Pour this flan cream into the bottom of the puff pastry.
- Bake this parisian flan in an oven preheated to 170 ° C for about 45 minutes while monitoring the cooking process regularly.
- Remove the parisian flan from the oven, slide it onto a wire rack and let it cool completely before removing the circle. Now, you just have to taste it.
The video is in French, but you can see the English subtitles.Remember to enable them in the YouTube settings.