The Paris-Brest cake is an absolute reference in our French culinary landscape … A praline mousseline cream in a choux pastry case decorated with flaked almonds and icing sugar. This Paris-Brest recipe will not leave you unmoved …
- ¼ L choux pastry either a choux pastry recipe
- 60 g flaked almonds
- 600 g mousseline cream either 1/2 rmousseline cream recipe
- 100 g praline almonds and hazelnuts
- icing sugar
- Start by making 1/4 liter of choux pastry (from 12.5 cl of milk + 12.5 cl of water) whose recipe you will find on video on my channel.
- We are going to make a Paris-Brest for 8 people. Draw a 20 cm diameter circle with a pencil on a sheet of baking paper, then turn the sheet over on a baking sheet
- Using a pastry bag fitted with a medium-sized plain tip and filled with choux pastry, make a first circle of choux pastry, following your drawn circle by transparency.
- Make a second circle of choux pastry inside the first and glued to it. Finish with a circle of choux pastry on top in the middle of the first two.
- For a nice result, it is difficult to make less choux pastry. You will have some left with which you can make chouquettes for example, éclairs, or another Paris-Brest.
- Coat the choux pastry with a brush and a bit of beaten egg, then using a fork dipped in the beaten egg, scratch the choux pastry over the entire surface.
- Sprinkle flaked almonds on top and remove the excess. Bake this choux pastry between 180 ° C and 190 ° C according to your oven for about 20 minutes while monitoring the cooking process.
- Remove it from the oven, slide the ring of choux pastry onto a wire rack to allow it to cool.
- Prepare your mousseline cream, then when the cream is finished, add the praline paste. Stir together with a whisk to obtain a very smooth and supple cream.
- Take the ring of choux pastry that you cut in half horizontally using a large saw knife.
- Leave the top part aside. Place the bottom part on a presentation tray. Prepare a pastry bag with a large fluted tip that you garnish with mousseline cream.
- Put the mousseline cream on the choux pastry bottom part, making twists with a height of about 3 cm and glued to each other over the entire surface.
- Place the top ring over the praline mousseline. Sprinkle with icing sugar. Place the Paris-Brest cake in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before tasting.
- The Paris-Brest cake is over. This is a great classic of French pastry that will please anyone !
The video is in French, but you can see the English subtitles.Remember to enable them in the YouTube settings.