This mirabelle plum pie is inventive while remaining simple to make. Starting with a hazelnut cookie base, I accompanied delicious mirabelle plums with a whipped cream with honey. This mirabelle plum pie with its golden aspects, will make your greed react…
Mirabelle plum pie
- 22 cm diameter sponge mold
- 4 eggs so 120 g
- 110 g hazelnut meal
- 140 g icing sugar
- 130 g butter molten
- 45 g cake flour
- liquid vanilla
- 40 cl whipping cream 30% minimum fat
- 50 g honey rather full-bodied like chestnut honey
- 600 g plums mirabelles
- Start by melting the butter. Grease a 22 cm diameter cake pan with a piece of butter.
- In a container, sift the icing sugar and flour. Add the hazelnut powder and mix the powdered ingredients.
- Add the egg whites two by two, mix and add a bit of liquid vanilla. Finish by adding the melted butter.
- Pour the preparation into the cake pan, leave it to rest for 10 minutes and bake it in an 190°C preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes while monitoring the cooking process.
- Remove it from the oven, unmold the hazelnut financier on a wire rack, and let it cool.
- Put the cold whole liquid cream in the cold electric mixer bowl. Start mixing at low speed, then accelerate gradually.
- When the cream has taken shape and is firm, add the liquid honey, then finish mixing the whole with a mixer for a few seconds.
- At the bottom of the cooled financier, place the honey whipped cream using a pastry bag fitted with a large plain tip, starting with the outer edge.
- Make peaks all around (see the video below). Also garnish the inside with a layer of honey whipped cream.
- Cut in half and pit the washed and wiped mirabelle plums, then place them on the pie, curved side down, starting with the outside.
- Continue towards the inside of the pie until it is completely filled.
- Finish by coating the pie Mirabelle plum with some melted apricot jam using a brush.
The video is in French, but you can see the English subtitles.Remember to enable them in the YouTube settings.