The lemon cake is very soft and very fragrant thanks to the combination of lemon and white rum. An easy recipe to make and a treat for the taste buds…
- Cake mold 20 cm long and 8 cm wide
- 3 eggs
- 210 g caster sugar
- 200 g cake flour
- 4 g baking powder
- 1 dl whole liquid cream
- 70 g butter
- 2 zest lemon
- 3 cl white rum
Lemon syrup :
- 8 cl water
- 40 g caster sugar
- 1 lemon juice
- Apricot jam for the topping
- Break the eggs into the whisk tank, add the sugar then whisk during 5 min or so until you get a white mixture.
- Stop whisking and add the zest from lemons.
- Add the cream and the white Rhum, then whisk again for a few minutes.
- Add the sieved flour and the baking powder, then mix with a wooden spatula.
- Add the melted and cooled butter then whisk.
- Butter and flour a 20 cm long and 8 cm wide (approximately) cake pan.
- Pour the mixture into the cake pan.
- Bake the lemon cake during approximately 1 hour in a 160°C preheated oven, while keeping an eye on the cooking process.
- For the lemon syrup, mix together 80 g of water, 40 g of sugar and some lemon juice, then bring it to boil.
- Once baked and cooled down, remove the cake from the cake pan on a metal grid, then soak it with the lukewarm lemon syrup and a paint brush.
- Coat the top of the lemon cake with some melted apricot jam, then decorate it according to your imagination.
The video is in French, but you can see the English subtitles.Remember to enable them in the YouTube settings.