The iced nougat, everyone has already tasted at the end of a meal, but when you do it yourself, it takes another dimension! This iced nougat recipe includes a honey meringue, whipped cream and a delicious blend of candied fruit, orange peel, hazelnuts and almonds, all accompanied by Grand Marnier, guarantees you a light meal end and full of greed …
- Individual circles 8 cm in diameter and 4.5 cm in height
- 75 g candied fruit cubed
- 75 g candied orange peel
- 50 g hazelnut
- 50 g almond
- 30 g Grand-Marnier
- 4 egg whites
- 50 g caster sugar
- 100 g honey
- 50 g glucose
- 5 dl whipping cream
- Start by putting the hazelnuts and almonds on a tray and toast them in a 200°C oven for 10 min.
- Whip the liquid cream. Make sure to put the cream, the whisk bowl and the whisk in a refrigerator beforehand in order for the whole to be cold.
- Increase the speed progressively. When the cream is stiff, put it in a bowl and place it in the refrigerator.
- With the cubical candied fruits, add the orange peels which you cut in cubes. Add the Grand-Marnier and mix everything.
- Remove the skin from the hazelnuts by using a sieve like in this video. Grind roughly the almonds and hazelnuts with a food processor, and add it to the candied fruits. Mix and leave it aside.
- As for the meringue, heat the honey, the glucose and the caster sugar together. Bring to the boil, then keep heating until reaching 121°C, using a small thermometer.
- Start whipping the whites when the honey is at 110°C. When the sugar is at 121°C and the whites are stiff, pour the honey syrup on the edges of the bowl. Keep whipping until complete cooling.
- When the meringue is cold, add the whipped cream and mix everything in a big bowl by using a whisk.
- Then, add the mixture of dried fruits and candied fruits into the Grand-Marnier. Start by mixing a small part directly in the cubical fruits, then pour the whole into the rest of whipped cream before mixing again.
- Put the iced nougat in 8cm diameter and 4,5cm height metal rings, using a pastry bag without tip. To finish, smooth each nougat with a small metal spatula.
- Leave the iced nougats in the freezer for awhile.
- After freezing, remove the metal rings and place each of them on a plate or on a slate tray, accompanied with a raspberry coulis and a decoration.
The video is in French, but you can see the English subtitles.Remember to enable them in the YouTube settings.