Gingerbread is a festival of flavors and it is by far the best way to flavor your kitchen … Just close your eyes to feel transported to the old counters of India, place where spices were kings. This gingerbread recipe is very easy to make and the result is both melting and very fragrant.
- Cake mold 20 cm long and 8 cm wide
- 200 g all-purpose flour
- 200 g honey
- 80 g brown sugar
- 11 g baking powder
- 20 cl water
- 100 g butter
- 1 orange zest
- 1 c. à c. gingerbread spice mix (cloves, cinnamon, ginger, four spices)
- Start by pouring the honey and water into a saucepan, add the brown sugar and a pinch of salt. Mix and bring everything to a boil to make a syrup.
- After boiling, remove the syrup from the heating area. Add all the spices, butter and zest of one orange. Mix, cover the pan and let infuse for 20 minutes.
- Grease a 30 cm x 9 cm x 8 cm cake pan with a piece of butter.
- In a container, sift the flour with baking powder. Pour the flavored syrup through a sieve in 2 or 3 steps, while mixing each time.
- Pour this preparation into the cake pan which must be 3/4 full.
- Bake the gingerbread in an oven preheated to 170 ° C for about 50 minutes to 1 hour, while monitoring the cooking process regularly.
- Remove from it the oven and let the gingerbread cool for 20 minutes before removing it from the mold.
- Let the gingerbread cool completely before wrapping it in a tea towel and letting it develop all its flavors for 24 hours before tasting.
The video is in French, but you can see the English subtitles.Remember to enable them in the YouTube settings.