The Florentine cake, a subtle blend of almonds, candied fruit and orange peel, halfway between the cupcake and the confectionery, all glazed with chocolate on one side, as much as telling you the almond florentine cake have long been the cute peach of many food lovers. You will see, it is very simple to carry out, follow me …
Florentine cake recipe
- 8 cm diameter tart circles
- 180 g caster sugar
- 60 g honey
- 190 g sour cream
- 60 g candied orange peel
- 60 g candied fruit
- 120 g flaked almonds
- 60 g pinenuts
- dark chocolate 64% cocoa
- To make the florentine cake recipe, start by weigh the liquid honey and the cream directly in the pan, it’s more convenient !
- With the cream and honey already in the pan, add the sugar. Mix then bring everything to a boil.
- Meanwhile, using a bit of oil, grease tart circles about 8 cm in diameter.
- When the mixture has come to a boil, continue cooking to a temperature of 118 ° C which you control using a pastry thermometer.
- Once the sugar has reached temperature, remove the thermometer. Then off the heat, add the flaked almonds, pine nuts, orange peels and candied fruits in cubes.
- Mix with a wooden spatula to obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- Place the circles on a baking sheet covered with a sheet of greaseproof paper. Place a large tablespoon of the preparation in the middle of each circle. In the oven the mixture will spread.
- Bake the Florentines for about 15 to 20 minutes in an oven preheated to 150 ° C.
- Once the almond florentine cake are out of the oven and they are still warm, remove the circle by passing the tip of a knife around it.
- If you have special silicone molds, this is perfect and the removal will be easier.
- Then let the florentine cake cool completely.
- Finally, melt the chocolate in a double boiler, then dip the flat surface in the dark chocolate. Remove the excess with your finger then place each florentine cake on a sheet of greaseproof paper.
- Let these almond florentine cake cool for 20 minutes in the refrigerator so that the chocolate hardens.
The video is in French, but you can see the English subtitles.Remember to enable them in the YouTube settings.