Custard … we frequently meet it around desserts in our restaurants. It goes perfectly with a chocolate cake for example, so I suggest you discover this custard recipe.
- digital pastry thermometer
- 5 dl milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 125 g caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- Start by putting the vanilla pod in the milk, add 25 g of caster sugar and bring the milk to the boil.
- Put the egg yolks in a container, add the remaining caster sugar and mix with a whisk for 1 to 2 minutes.
- When the milk is boiling, remove the vanilla pod and cut it in half lengthwise. Using the knife, scrape the vanilla seeds and put them in the milk.
- Using the whisk, mix the vanilla seeds and pour the boiling milk over the egg yolks. Mix with the whisk, then pour everything in the pan.
- Cook the custard using a spatula, monitoring the temperature using a kitchen thermometer to reach 83/84 ° C.
- There is a second method which consists in stopping the cooking process as soon as one can make a clear line with the finger on the cream coating the spatula.
- Cooking is done over medium heat by controlling the cooking process using one of the two methods. The one with the thermometer is easier.
- As soon as the cream is cooked, pour it through a colander in a container. The custard is finished and can now accompany many desserts.
The video is in French, but you can see the English subtitles.Remember to enable them in the YouTube settings.