This creamy chocolate cake is composed of a "Sacher" cookie, topped with a mango vanilla jelly, all covered with a chocolate cream. A recipe quite simple to make in the end but which will have its effect. The combination of flavors and textures on the palate is a real treat. Surprise your guests, it's up to you …
Creamy chocolate cake
- Square stainless steel frame 20 cm wide and 4.5 cm high
"Sacher" sponge cake :
- 80 g almond paste
- 3 eggs
- 20 g icing sugar
- 20 g cake flour
- 20 g butter
- 20 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 20 g caster sugar
Vanilla mango jelly :
- 230 g mango puree
- 80 g brown sugar
- ¼ lemon juice
- 7,5 g vanilla sugar
- 2 g agar-agar
Creamy chocolate :
- 150 g whole liquid cream
- 150 g milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 60 g caster sugar
- 180 g dark chocolate 64% cocoa
- For creamy chocolate cake, start by "Sacher" cookie. Melting the butter over low heat in a saucepan.
- In the bowl of the mixer, put the almond paste in small pieces, break an egg over it and add two egg yolks. Save the whites for the rest of the recipe.
- Mix with a mixer until you have no more pieces of almond paste, then add the icing sugar. Mix and then increase the speed for a few minutes.
- When the mixture clears up and becomes smooth, stop the mixer and pour the preparation into a container. Clean the mixer bowl.
- Pour the whites into the bowl of the electric mixer, add a bit of caster sugar and whisk the whites.
- When the whites become firm, add the remaining caster sugar gradually, then wait a minute before stopping the mixer.
- Add these whites to the first preparation, mixing gently using a spatula. Sift the flour and unsweetened cocoa powder over it. Gently mix.
- Finish by mixing the melted butter that has cooled. Pour and level this “Sacher” cookie in a 20 cm stainless steel frame. Cook in the oven at 180 ° C for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- For the syrup, mix the sugar and water in a saucepan, then bring everything to a boil. Then let the syrup cool.
- Remove it from the oven, then put the “Sacher” cookie on a wire rack and let it cool. Then gently remove the sheet of baking paper.
- Place the cookie “Sacher” on a flat tray and gently remove the stainless steel frame with a knife blade. Clean the stainless steel frame and reposition it on the cookie.
- In the cooled syrup, add the rum or liquid vanilla. Using a brush, soak the “Sacher” cookie with the flavored syrup.
- For the mango jelly, heat the mango puree in a saucepan while adding brown sugar, half a lemon juice, vanilla sugar, then mix everything.
- When the mango puree comes to a boil, add the agar-agar, mix and continue cooking the jelly over low heat for 2 minutes without ceasing to mix.
- Pour the mango jelly into the frame over the “Sacher” cookie. Spread this jelly immediately over the entire surface. Put it in the fridge to let the jelly set.
- For the creamy chocolate, pour the milk and the cream in a saucepan and bring everything to a boil. Mix the egg yolks with the caster sugar using a whisk.
- When the milk and cream are boiling, pour over the egg yolks while mixing, then transfer everything into the pan.
- Cook it like a custard, that is to say up to 83 to 84 ° C, monitoring the temperature using a kitchen thermometer while mixing continuously.
- When the temperature is reached, pour half the cream over the dark chocolate and mix to melt it. Add the remaining cream and mix vigorously.
- Take out the frame with the cookie “Sacher” and the mango jelly, pour the creamy chocolate on top and distribute it evenly to smooth it.
- Place this creamy chocolate cake in the refrigerator for 1 hour then 1 hour 30 minutes in the freezer to finish.
- Go back to the creamy chocolate cake which has completely cooled. Warm the stainless steel frame to be able to remove it.
- Using a large knife dipped in hot water and then wiped, cut the edges of the creamy chocolate cake to obtain a clean result.
- For decoration, sprinkle the top with unsweetened cocoa powder. Sprinkle a strip of icing sugar diagonally.
- Finish the decoration with chocolate decorations for example or let your imagination run wild !
The video is in French, but you can see the English subtitles.Remember to enable them in the YouTube settings.