The coconut rock cake are a real treat ! Simple to make, crispy on the outside and very melting in the heart, these coconut rocks will make your table the address not to be missed.
- 4 egg whites i.e. 120g
- 180 g caster sugar
- 180 g grated coconut
- liquid vanilla
- Start by mixing the egg whites with the sugar in a saucepan.
- Heat the mixture at 50°C while stirring with a spoon, check the temperature with a thermometer if necessary.
- Pour the egg whites in a container, add the grated coconut and the vanilla liquid. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Let it cooling down during 10 minutes and preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Using a pastry bag fitted with a big enough star tip, put the coconut rocks on a baking sheet.
- Make roses and space them about 2 to 3 cm.
- Bake the coconut rocks in the 180°C oven during 12 minutes or so ,while keeping an eye on the cooking process.
- As soon as you take out the rocks from the oven, slide the baking sheet on the table then let the rocks cooling down.
The video is in French, but you can see the English subtitles.Remember to enable them in the YouTube settings.