These chocolate shortbread are crispy, melting and simple to make. I invite you to discover this recipe for chocolate shortbread which will surely delight your friends
- 120 g dark chocolate 50% cocoa
- 120 g butter
- 100 g brown sugar
- 40 g caster sugar
- 140 g cake flour
- 25 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- liquid vanilla
- Start by softening the butter, either by taking it out at room temperature in advance, or by gradually heating it in the microwave on low power.
- Also melt the chocolate, preferably in a double boiler.
- In the softened butter, add the brown sugar, the caster sugar and 1/2 cap of liquid vanilla. Mix with a whisk.
- Add the melted chocolate and mix with a spatula. Sift the flour and the cocoa powder over the mixture, then mix everything until you get a homogeneous dough.
- Put this shortbread dough on a slightly floured plate, then cover with cling film. Let the chocolate shortbread dough rest in the refrigerator for one hour.
- After resting, cut the dough in half, knead a first piece of dough with the palm of the hands to soften it, then lengthen it to make a 3 to 4 cm diameter roll.
- Place this first roll of chocolate shortbread on a plate, and repeat the same operation with the second piece of dough. Cover with cling film and leave 30 to 45 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Then take each roll of dough that you cut into 1 cm thick slices. Place these shortbread biscuits on a baking sheet covered with greaseproof paper, spacing them out.
- Last step is to bake these chocolate shortbread biscuits for 10 to 12 minutes in an oven at 170 ° C. After baking, allow the shortbread cookies to cool on the paper before handling them because they are crumbly.
The video is in French, but you can see the English subtitles.Remember to enable them in the YouTube settings.