The chocolate pie is simple to make but requires a little method. Everything is chocolate, from the sweet chocolate and raw almonds to the strong chocolate ganache! It is a guaranteed success with gourmets around you, a pleasure to share without moderation …
- 22 cm diameter pie ring
Chocolate sweet dough :
- 100 g butter
- 80 g icing sugar
- 150 g cake flour
- 1 egg
- 20 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 30 g ground almonds
Chocolate ganache :
- 300 g dark chocolate 64% cocoa
- 350 g whole liquid cream
- 60 g butter
- For the chocolate sweet dough, start by softening the butter. You can use the microwave by gradually heating it up on low power.
- On the soft butter, add the icing sugar and mix with a whisk. Continue the recipe with a spatula.
- Add the flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, almond powder, then break the egg over it. Mix everything with the spatula to obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the chocolate sweet dough on cling film, wrap it and leave it in the refrigerator for about 2 hours to be able to spread it later with a rolling pin.
- We are going to use a 22 cm diameter pie ring that needs to be greased inside with a small piece of butter.
- The chocolate sweet dough comes out of the refrigerator, so you have to knead it a little with the palm of your hand to soften it.
- Roll out the sweet dough gradually using a rolling pin, in both directions, until you get a thickness of about 3 mm. Flour the work surface if necessary.
- Control the size of the spread dough with the ring, then wrap the dough delicately around the roll before placing it on the pie ring.
- Start by pushing the chocolate sweet dough to the bottom of the ring, accompanying it to avoid stretching it. The goal is to form a right angle with the dough, between your ring and the work surface.
- Create an edge all around about 1/2 cm thick by pressing the dough on the ring. Pass the rolling pin over the ring to remove the excess dough.
- Straighten the edge of the chocolate sweet dough by pinching it between your fingers and the ring. Slide the bottom of the pie onto a baking sheet covered with a sheet of greaseproof paper. Leave it to rest for one hour in the refrigerator.
- Bake the pie bottom at 160 ° C for about 15 minutes, by putting a sheet of greaseproof paper at the bottom and filling it with baking beans or dried beans so that the dough does not move during baking.
- Remove it from the oven and slide the bottom of the pie onto a wire rack. Carefully remove the baking beans along with the greaseproof paper and allow it to cool.
- For the chocolate ganache, heat the liquid cream until it simmers. Then pour it over the melted dark chocolate, then mix with a spatula.
- Add the butter in pieces, then continue mixing until it is completely melted, and the ganache is smooth and homogeneous.
- Carefully remove the ring, and place the pie on a cardboard or a presentation tray. Pour the chocolate ganache until the top of the pie is reached.
- Let the chocolate pie cool in the refrigerator. For the finish, you can leave it like this or spread crumbs of crêpe dentelle.
The video is in French, but you can see the English subtitles.Remember to enable them in the YouTube settings.