This orange chocolate gingerbread is a mixture of flavors and smells that will flavor your kitchen with relish. The association of chocolate and orange is always a success, and in this recipe the spices allow to underline their strength.
Chocolate orange gingerbread
- Cake mold 25 cm long and 9 cm wide
- 200 g honey
- 100 g chestnut flour
- 100 g cake flour
- 80 g brown sugar
- 200 g dark chocolate 50% cocoa
- 100 g butter
- 25 cl milk
- 180 g candied orange peel
- 10 g gingerbread spice mix (cloves, cinnamon, ginger, four spices)
- 11 g baking powder
- Weigh the honey in a saucepan, add milk, brown sugar and spices. Mix with a whisk and bring everything to a boil.
- From the first broths, remove the pan from the heating point. Off the heat add the butter cut into pieces and the chocolate. Mix to melt the whole.
- In a bowl, sift together the chestnut (or rye) flour, T 45 flour and baking powder.
- Pour my half of the mixture from the pan over the sifted dry ingredients, then mix with a whisk. When the whole is homogeneous, pour in the rest.
- Mix again. Then, let stand for about 15 minutes.
- After resting, add the diced candied orange peels then mix.
- We bake this chocolate orange gingerbread in a cake mold 25 cm long by 9 cm wide that you will have buttered beforehand.
- Pour the gingerbread mixture into the cake tin. Bake for about 1 hour 15 minutes in an oven preheated to 170 ° C. Monitor the cooking regularly.
- On leaving the oven, wait 10 minutes before unmolding it on a rack. Then let it cool down.
- Once lukewarm, wrap this chocolate orange gingerbread in cling film while tightening it. Let it stand 24 hours to develop its aromas.
- The next day, all you have to do is cut it into slices and taste it!
The video is in French, but you can see the English subtitles.Remember to enable them in the YouTube settings.