The chocolate macaroons is one of the macaroons most sought after by gourmets. I invite you to discover this recipe of chocolate macaroons which I have assembled the two shells with a chocolate ganache flavored with orange.
- 120 g egg whites
- 90 g caster sugar
- 130 g ground almonds
- 190 g icing sugar
- 15 g unsweetened cocoa powder
Chocolate orange ganache
- 250 g dark chocolate 64% cocoa
- 250 g whole liquid cream
- 1 orange zest
- For the chocolate macaroons recipe, the weighings must be precise, it is very important. The almond powder must be sieved and then weighed in order to have the exact weight.
- The egg whites should be at room temperature and if possible 2 or 3 days in the refrigerator beforehand.
- In a container, pour the almond powder, sift the icing sugar and the unsweetened cocoa powder over it before mixing.
- Start to whisk the whites at low speed to incorporate as little air as possible.
- When the whites begin to foam, add the caster sugar little by little, then start to mix them again by increasing the speed of the beater gradually.
- Continue until the whites form a thick peak. This can take around 5 to 10 minutes.
- When the whites are completely whipped, put everything in a container.
- Pour the dry mixture over the whites, then mix everything using a pastry scraper while lifting the mass. We must obtain a very homogeneous mixture.
- Now it is the “macaronage” stage, which consists of crushing the preparation with a pastry scraper to soften it, and bringing up the albumin of the egg whites.
- When the mixture becomes shiny and it is possible to form a ribbon, then the “macaronage” stage is completed.
- Place the chocolate macaroons on a baking sheet covered with a sheet of greaseproof paper, using a pastry bag fitted with a medium size tip.
- Finally, hit slightly the baking sheet 2 to 3 times on your work area to expel the air from the macaroon shells. Let the macaroons rest for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- After resting, cook the macaroons in an oven preheated to 160 ° C, for 12 to 15 minutes while monitoring the cooking process regularly.
- At the exit of the oven, pour a bit of water between the baking sheet and the greaseproof paper, wait 30 seconds then remove the macaroon shells and put them aside on a plate.
- For the chocolate ganache, heat the cream until boiling. Then pour the cream over the melted chocolate and mix gently.
- Add the orange zest (optional), mix and let the ganache cool in the refrigerator to obtain a creamy texture.
- Finally, assemble the macaroon shells two by two with a touch of chocolate ganache. Now, you just have to taste these delicious chocolate macaroons.
The video is in French, but you can see the English subtitles.Remember to enable them in the YouTube settings.