Chantilly cream is a delicate and frothy cream that has already been around the world, and that gourmets have known for a long time. This cream is used in many pastry recipes.
- Pastry robot
- 5 dl whipping cream 30% minimum fat
- 60 g icing sugar
- Place a bowl or a bowl in the refrigerator, along with the whisk and liquid cream several hours in advance.
- Pour the liquid cream into the container and add the icing sugar.
- Beat the cream vigorously with a whisk. I recommend using an electric mixer, rather than whipping the cream with your hand, as it ends up hurting your arms at a certain point.
- The cream becomes “Chantilly” when the waves hold their shape as the whisk is pulled out, but be careful, because this is when a few extra beats of the whisk turns your creamy cream into a real lump of butter !
- So morality, to avoid this, you have to finish whipping in small touches while checking often enough that the Chantilly cream is held.