Buttercream is one of the bases of our pastry, its history is written over many years. Remember the mokas and other Christmas logs. While this cream is used less than before, the fact remains that buttercream is the source of many flavors and famous recipes like that of opera. I invite you to discover the recipe for butter cream that you will master without worry …
- digital pastry thermometer
- 1 dl milk
- 100 g caster sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 280 g butter
- 1 egg white
- Soften the butter, either by leaving it at room temperature for several hours, or by gradually warming it up in the microwave. Be careful not to melt the butter.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Separate the yolks and the egg whites.
- Put 3 yolks in a container, add 60 g of caster sugar and mix vigorously with a whisk. Pour the boiling milk over it, mix and transfer everything to the pan.
- Using a kitchen thermometer, cook this cream over low heat to 83/84 ° C, while stirring regularly, as for custard.
- As soon as the cream is cooked, pour it through a colander into the beater tank, then whisk it to cool (about 20/25 ° C).
- Then add the softened butter. Mix and whip this buttercream. It will become firm and gain volume slowly.
- When the cream is well creamy and firm enough, put the cream in a container.
- Clean the bowl and the beater whisk so that they are perfectly clean. Pour one egg white and start whipping.
- When it starts foaming, start adding the remaining caster sugar gradually to obtain a meringue, then stop the beater.
- Add the meringue to the previous preparation, and mix with a whisk.
- The buttercream is finished. It is light and above all it does not make you feel sick.
The video is in French, but you can see the English subtitles.Remember to enable them in the YouTube settings.