Breton shortbread are those famous biscuits and salted butter, which is served on all occasions with tea or coffee. Rich tradition, Breton shortbread cultivates greed and I invite you to discover his recipe for all to enjoy …
- 170 g salted butter
- 160 g caster sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 280 g cake flour
- 11 g baking powder
- 15 g vanilla sugar
- Start by melting the butter progressively in the microwave at low power until you obtain a smooth paste.
- In a bowl, add the egg yolks, the caster sugar and the vanilla sugar. Whisk until you obtain a white mixture.
- Add the butter and whisk again energetically .
- Sieve the flour and the baking powder then mix with a wooden spatula.
- Place the mixture on your working area and finish the mixing with your hands.
- Leave the dough to rest in a refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Then, knead a little the dough and make a 5 cm diameter roll. Wrap the roll of dough with some plastic wrap and let it hardening for an hour in the refrigerator.
- Unwrap the dough and slice it to obtain 1 cm thick slices. Place breton shortbread in circles the same size or slightly larger, in order to keep the round shape of the biscuits during the baking.
- Bake the Breton shortbread in a 170°C preheated oven for 15 minutes or so to obtain a nice golden colour.
- Remove them from the oven, then flip the circles to remove the breton shortbread. Leave it to cool.
The video is in French, but you can see the English subtitles.Remember to enable them in the YouTube settings.