The Black forest cake is a classic of French pastry … There are few people who do not like where this delicious cake with whipped cream gently mingles with cherries macerated in kirsch, all in a chocolate sponge cake.
Black forest cake
- 1 chocolate sponge cake 22 cm in diameter. See the chocolate sponge cake recipe
- 75 cl whipping cream
- 100 g caster sugar
- 250 g amarena cherry
- Start by making a chocolate sponge cake and draining the amarenas cherries.
- For the setting of the Black Forest, I use a cardboard disc slightly bigger than the chocolate sponge cake.
- Start by drying the cherries and save the juice to soak the chocolate sponge cake.
- Make chocolate shavings by grating a chocolate bar with a peeler, then put them in the refrigerator to be cold and ready for the use.
- First you have to put the whisk, the tank and the cream in the refrigerator. Then, to obtain a Chantilly cream, start whisking the cream at average speed, and thereafter increase the speed .
- When the Chantilly cream is almost finished, add some sugar progressively. Stop whisking when the cream is stiff.
- Cut the chocolate sponge cake with a big knife in three equal parts.
- Put your first chocolate sponge cake disc on the cardboard and soak it with the cherries syrup and a paint brush.
- Spread 1 cm thick layer of cream and place the cherries all over it.
- Put your second chocolate sponge cake disc, press gently with your hand then soak it just like the first time.
- Spread a new layer of cream, place again cherries over it and to finish, put the last chocolate sponge cake disc, previously soaked.
- Cover entirely the cake with some Chantilly cream, starting with the top, then the sides.
- Cover the sides of the cake with the chocolate shavings.
- For finishing, you can do whatever you want on the top of the cake, but here is a example made with a pastry bag
The video is in French, but you can see the English subtitles.Remember to enable them in the YouTube settings.