The apricot bavarian cream cake is a refreshing dessert at the end of a meal. Composed of a sponge cake and a vanilla bavaroise embellished with poached fresh apricots in a honey and ginger flavored juice, this apricot bavarian cream cake is quite simple to make with a little method. All you have to do is let yourself be guided for a successful end of meal …
Apricot bavarian cream cake
- Dessert circle 22 cm in diameter and 4.5 cm in height
- 1 sponge cake 20 cm in diameter. see the sponge cake recipe.
Apricots in syrup :
- 500 g apricots
- 7 dl water
- 70 g honey
- 1 tsp powder ginger
Bavarian cream vanilla :
- 3 dl milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- 120 g caster sugar
- 140 g egg yolks
- 4 gelatin leaves 2 g each
- 3 dl whipping cream 30% minimum fat
- Keep 2 or 3 fresh apricots for the final decoration.
- In water, add the ground ginger and liquid honey, then bring to the boil.
- Cut the fresh apricots in half and then remove the pit. Dip the apricots in the boiling perfumed syrup, cover and let it cool.
- To make this apricot bavarois, you need to make a 20 cm diameter sponge cake thanks to the recipe you will find on my blog.
- Start by softening the gelatin in cold water. In the milk, put the lengthwise cut vanilla pod, and start heating.
- In a container, pour the egg yolks, add the caster sugar and beat the whole with a whisk.
- When the milk comes to a boil, remove the vanilla pod and scrape the grains inside to put them in the milk.
- Pour the boiling milk over the sweet yolks while mixing, then pour everything into the pan. Bake this cream at 83/84 ° C using a pastry thermometer.
- When the temperature is reached, remove the cream from the heat source, add the softened gelatin that you wring, then mix to melt it.
- Pour the cream into a container and let it cool.
- When the apricots are completely cool, drain them. Keep the juice to soak the sponge cake.
- Whip the cold liquid cream into whipped cream using an electric mixer. Make sure that the bowl and the whisk of the mixer are also very cold. Start at low speed.
- Continue by accelerating the speed of the mixer. When the cream is firm, stop the beater.
- Take the jellified and cooled cream, add 1/3 of the whipped cream and mix vigorously with a whisk. Fold in the remaining whipped cream gently.
- For the assembly, use a 22 cm diameter and 4.5 cm tall baking ring that you place on a plate covered with greaseproof paper.
- Cut the sponge cake horizontally in half using a saw knife. Place a first disc in the middle of the circle, and soak it with juice perfume honey and ginger using a brush.
- Place the vanilla bavaroise in the circle while keeping the sponge cake well in the center. Scatter the poached apricots over the entire surface without touching the circle.
- Lightly cover the apricots with vanilla bavaroise while keeping enough height to place the second disc of sponge cake.
- Place the second disc of sponge cake, press gently and soak it with fragrant juice. Cover the apricot bavarois, and smooth it using a palette knife.
- Place the apricot bavarois in the freezer until it is completely frozen.
- After freezing, cover the surface of the Bavarian with “cold” cake frosting. Then heat the circle to be able to remove it.
- Place the apricot bavarois on a presentation tray. For decoration, you can place shells of apricot-colored macaroons all around the cake.
- Finish the top with a fruit decoration consisting of slices of coated fresh apricots, whole apricot mumps, raspberries and mint leaves for color.
The video is in French, but you can see the English subtitles.Remember to enable them in the YouTube settings.