The applesauce … many of us still remember the delicious smell that smelled of our grandmothers' house, a subtle mixture of apple and cinnamon smells, with a hint of vanilla. Whether in an apple pie or simply as a dessert at the end of a meal, its taste will remain in the mouth !
- 1,5 kg apples
- 70 g caster sugar
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar 7,5 g
- 25 cl water
- 20 g butter
- cinnamon powder
- Start by peeling the apples and removing the core with the seeds. Continue by dicing the apples.
- Melt the butter in a large and high frying pan, pour the diced apples, and let the apples cook for 2 minutes while mixing them.
- Add the caster sugar and vanilla sugar. Mix with a spatula and wait until the sugar is completely melted before adding the water.
- Cook the apples for 40 to 45 minutes over medium heat so that the apples are well cooked while remaining in pieces.
- Pour the cooked apples in a container, then mash it with a whisk or fork to turn them into a compote while keeping pieces.
- Add the cinnamon powder and mix the applesauce. Let it cool and this delicious applesauce will be ready to eat alone or in your pies.
The video is in French, but you can see the English subtitles.Remember to enable them in the YouTube settings.