With this apple pie recipe, young and old will ask you to make this delicious delicacy. It is surely one of the most coveted pies in pastry, and I promise you that this apple pie has already proven itself with many gourmets.
- 26 cm diameter pie dish
- We are going to use a 26 cm in diameter pie ring, equivalent to a pie for 8 people. Butter the inside with a piece of butter.
- Work the shortbread dough with your hands to soften it if it comes out of the refrigerator, then start to spread it using a rolling pin.
- Roll out the dough in both directions, lightly flouring the work surface and turning the shortbread dough regularly.
- When the dough is about 3 mm thick, wrap the dough around the rolling pin, without pressing, then unroll the dough on the pie ring.
- Start by putting the dough to the bottom of the ring, accompanying it with your hands, without stretching it, to form a right angle between the pie ring and the work surface.
- Create an edge of about one centimeter by pressing the dough on the edge of the ring. Then pass the rolling pin over the pie ring to remove the excess dough.
- Pinch the edge of dough between your fingers to pull it up and make it thinner. Place the bottom of apple pie in the refrigerator.
- Peel the apples, cut them in half and remove the core with the seeds. Cut the apples into slices.
- Spread the applesauce in the bottom of the pie, then over it, spread the apple slices in a circle, starting with the edge and superimposing them quite tightly.
- For the center of the apple pie, make a rosette with the remaining apple slices, always superimposing them.
- Place a bit of butter on the apples and lightly sprinkle with caster sugar.
- Bake the apple pie during 40 minutes in an oven at 190 ° C while monitoring the cooking process regularly.
- Take the apple pie out of the oven on a wire rack and let it cool.
- To coat the apple pie with pie topping, but if you do not have a coating, heat apricot jam without pieces by adding 30% water.
- You just have to coat the top of the apple pie with a brush, respecting the direction of the apples.
The video is in French, but you can see the English subtitles.Remember to enable them in the YouTube settings.