This apple caramel cake is a wonder ! From a fairly compact appearance, apple cake is based. This is an original cake recipe that perfect blend of apple and caramel flavors.
Apple caramel cake
- Cake mold 25 cm long and 9 cm wide
- 100 g butter
- 100 g caster sugar
- ½ lemon juice
Cake dough :
- 80 g butter
- 80 g caster sugar
- 80 g cake flour
- 3 eggs
- 6 g baking powder
- 2 apples
- To start, melt the butter progressively in the microwave at low power until you obtain a smooth paste.
- Add the caster sugar, then whisk the mixture during 30 seconds.
- Break the eggs into the mixture and mix.
- Add the flour and the baking powder, mix then take out the whisk to continue with a wooden spatula.
- Peel the apples and halve them to take out the center, then grate them approximatively in the mixture before mix the whole of it.
- As for the caramel, start melting the butter then add the sugar and the lemon juice.
- Mix and let it caramelize during 10 minutes or so (be careful to the colour of the mixture!)
- Pour this well-made caramel on the batter, mix and pour the whole mixture in a bread tin.
- Cook this cake during 40-45 minutes in a preheated 180°C oven ,while keeping an eye on the cooking process.
- Remove the apple caramel cake from the tin after a total cooling down. Now, you can cut it into slices.
The video is in French, but you can see the English subtitles.Remember to enable them in the YouTube settings.