The flavor and smell of this almond cream, when it is still lukewarm in the middle of a galette des Rois, a Pithiviers or an almond tart has knocked over more than one !
- 200 g butter
- 200 g caster sugar
- 200 g ground almonds
- 3 eggs
- 20 g dark rum (optional)
- 20 g cake flour
- Soften the butter either by removing it from the refrigerator several hours in advance at room temperature, or by gradually heating it in the microwave at low power.
- Add the caster sugar to the softened butter, then vigorously mix with a whisk or with an electric mixer for about one minute.
- Add the eggs gradually (one by one), making sure to incorporate them each time.
- When all the eggs are mixed, add the almond powder, mix gently at the start, then continue faster to make the whole stiff after a few minutes.
- The cream will whiten, and gain volume until a creamy and airy consistency is obtained.
- Add the flour and rum (optional), then mix to obtain a very homogeneous almond cream.
- The almond cream is finished and you can make many desserts such as almond pie, "pithiviers", galette des rois (epiphany cake), and many more !
The video is in French, but you can see the English subtitles.Remember to enable them in the YouTube settings.